Be aware and courteous of pedestrians when driving through the puddles!
(905) 526-9800 | 1 (866) 526-9800 Have a question – Send us a text (289) 512-0860 contact@rossmcbride.comA+ A-

Employment Standards Act set rules for employee deductions.

ANSWER:  No.  Not even if he consents in writing. Don’t even suggest it.Accidents at work are considered faulty workmanship and the Employment Standards Act prohibits deducting for mistakes of this kind in the course of employment.  If he wants to write you a cheque in the hope that might save him from a termination, then that is up to him.  You may need to sit down and weigh the cost of keeping him on versus the cost of terminating the relationship.
Ed Canning
Ed Canning
P: 905.572.5809